temples of sundharapandiyapuram
sundarapandiyapuram is an old settlement about 11 kms from thenkasi and 15 kms from kutralam water falls in the southwestern end of tamir nadu.
a very picturesque agrarian village, sundarapandiyapuram houses all essential temples, one of them very old , where people from different communities live in perfect harmony and celebrate various festivals with utmost vigour.
the village shot to fame with tamir movies like roja and anniyan filmed in the vicinity.
the town being closer to thenkasi is reachable from all major cities by train and buses as well. from madras egmore pothigai express runs daily and silambu express runs twice a week.
to enjoy the place to the fullest one should also make it a wholesome experience with the likes of
- visiting all aspects of the picturesque village
- eating some of the best idlys and vadais at pothys canteen aka pothy kadai opposite to thenkasi sivan temple
- try the ghee halwa at periya lala kadai about a few yards from the pothy’s canteen
- have a good time at kutralam water falls
- visit adjoining beautiful temples at kambili , aayikkudi , elathur and ilanji
temples pictured are..
rajagopalaswamy , meenakshi sundhareswarar , muppidaariyamman, pillayar temple near pond , pillayar near sandhai and thangamman koil.